Tuesday, June 2, 2009

first timer

Ok. so i never thought i would be one to blog. generally my teenage years were spent avoiding the internet at all costs. well, look at me now.
A friend told me that i should start putting my crazy stories online so she could read them whenever. so this blog is for her, and anyone else who wants a good story or rant. (ps. if anyone does happen to comment, please be nice. my self esteem may not be able to handle cyber abuse as well as reality. Thanks!)
A little about me, i'm a nursing student at a small christian college near chicago(there will be no more info than that due to all the crazies out there). during school i live with three roommates in an on campus apartment. i think we are an interesting group but we work well together. during summer, and breaks, and likely for the rest of my life i live with my sister and brother-in-law and a couple that they live with. we have a communal living kind of situation. i love all of them and live on the front porch of the house they all bought together. yes, i would rather live on the porch with no heating or cooling or actually electricity than anywhere else, thats how much i love living with my pseudo family. i truly consider them my real family and God willing will follow them wherever they go.
I love nursing school and cant wait to be a real nurse. school is hard and i'll proly end up writing about that sooner or later. i love my profs, they have done so much for me i cant even describe.
Proly the most important factor in my life is Jesus. Ok some of you reading are like 'here comes the religious freak! i'm outta here!' i encourage you keep reading. make you decision on what you actually read not your previous experiences. Every direction change in my life i can attribute to the Holy Spirit's direction. more on all that to come.
overall, i want this blog to be just my observations on life. i dont like it when people whine or are wicked mean. that is just unnecessary and i wont stand for it. also i'm the worst speller on this planet. to be honest, i cheated in spelling in fourth grade in order to pass and that was the last year spelling was required at my school. yeah, i know. how sad, right? same thing with grammar. also (not that any of you could know) i have the worst handwriting. so that fact that i cant spell combined with the almost impossible task of trying to decipher my personal sanskrit, i feel bad for any one trying to read anything i write out on paper. just to paint a picture, i wasnt allow to write out anything in high school. i was the only student that was REQUIRED to type out all papers, lab reports, and assignments. in jr.high one teacher made me write everything out in graph paper. one letter per square. yeah it's that bad.

my intro to me kinda went of into left field a little, but i wont be surprised if that happens nearly every time. i look forward to writing and maybe even hearing from a few who read this.
for now good bye and farewell to all who are out there.
-erl

No comments:

Post a Comment