Saturday, February 20, 2010

Things I Love

There are many things i love. things that when i think about them they bring a smile to my face. i thought i would share them with you.

the first thing i think of is Jesus and His love for me. i dont deserve it. not even a little. i mess up and there He is, waiting for me to jump into his arms. it doesnt make sense but He is my rock, my anchor to sanity and saves me from myself time after time.

my roommate and best friend, KJW. if God didnt put her in my life the way He did, i would not be anywhere near where i am today. i have had great joy spending these past four years with her and will miss her an indescribable amount next semester.

My sisters who i love so much it hurts. as a i grow older i realize how true it is when people say that no matter what you'll always have your family.

my other fam. they've done more for me than i could have ever asked

my nursing family. they bring so much joy to my heart every time i see them. we have a bond thats indescribable and i will miss the ones that are moving on next semester.

my other roommates who have made my life that much easier just by being chill. im grateful for the friendships that we've come to develop.

music is said to tame the wild beast. whether im in my darkest hour or at the top of the world, music speaks to me in a way neither poetry nor literature nor art has ever come close to doing. i love getting lost, driving with my ipod on shuffle and the volume at 11.

mtdew, b-dubs, pie, ruby tuesdays, mashed potatoes, pizza, brussel sprouts, red lobster, jello, taco bell

i love staying up late and sleeping in. but i also love sunrises when i get to see them.

dogs AND cats

solving for 'x'. solving a difficult algebra equation makes me feel like i accomplished something. makes me feel smart for a little bit. and, oddly, makes me feel connected to those great men and women before us who have broadened our knowledge and understanding of the world though science. (weird, i know)

the sun while it warms cool skin after spending all day at the pool or water park.

when it finally reaches forty degrees after a cold winter and i feel like its warm enough to wear sandals again.

wearing sandals and going bare foot.

quoting movies while i watch them for the fiftieth time.

my favorite t-shirt. it was my soccer uniform when i was five. i still wear to this day at the age of 21. needless to say its falling apart and i'm sure my friends would love to throw it away.

driving really fast

taking pictures, even though i think i'm the worst photographer i've ever met.

good tv. my favorite tv to watch: x-files, stargate, glee, farscape, the office. most anything scifi really or that makes me laugh really. i tend to get really emotionally vested in the characters in the shows i like. it kinda a problem sometimes ;)

making people happy makes me happy. like when things get stuck in the vending machine and i'm the one people look for to get them out. it makes me so happy to help people even in the smallest ways.

video games that have good story lines.

working out and that exhausted feeling you get afterward.

dandelions

Well that was fun. if i think of more i'll be sure to include them
but seriously think of the small things in life that make you happy. the small things are what make life worth living. take time to show those in your life how much you love them. you never know how much time you have so enjoy it to the fullest.
hope everyone has a great night.

all for now
-erl

No comments:

Post a Comment